blackberry bourbon smash cocktail (or mocktail!)
SMASHING INTO SUMMER YA'LL!
Did you know bourbon is a type of whiskey? Ok just checking. Bourbon a straight whiskey distilled from a mash having at least 51 percent corn in addition to malt and rye! Many thing bourbon can't be used in a refreshing, summer cocktail but this Blackberry Bourbon Smash will prove you WAY wrong -- I vouch for it!
The best part about this drink is you can also just completely omit the bourbon if you're not into it. I did this and LOVED the blackberry x ginger beer infusion. Perfect for littles and mamas-to-be!
Ingredients (1 drink)
- 6-8 Blackberries
- 1 squeeze of honey
- Pinch of sugar
- 6 Mint Leaves
- Ginger Beer
- Add blackberries, a pinch of sugar, mint leaves and honey into glass (I used mason!) jar. Using the back of a spoon or muddling tool, smash it all together until you have a maceration going.
- Pour in the bourbon. Stir it together again.
- Pour blackberry and bourbon mixture into a glass filled with ice.
- Top glass with ginger beer.
- Toss in more blackberries and add a few more mint leaves to garnish. Add more ice if needed!
- DRINK UP!